- 10 Baby Carisma potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein (TVP)
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs & spices
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 spring roll pastry sheets
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, diced tomatoes, grated carrots, tomato paste, Sriracha sauce, minced garlic, textured vegetable protein, panko crumbs, Italian herbs & spices, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the potato mixture and cook for about 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently, until the TVP is cooked through and the flavors are well combined. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Take one spring roll pastry sheet and place it on a clean surface. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the potato filling onto the lower third of the pastry sheet. Fold the bottom edge over the filling, then fold in the sides, and roll tightly to enclose the filling. Use a bit of water to seal the edges. Repeat this process with the remaining filling and pastry sheets.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the prepared spring rolls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush the rolls lightly with olive oil.
- Bake the spring rolls for 15-20 minutes, or until they turn golden brown and crispy. Flip them halfway through to ensure even browning.
- Once cooked, remove the spring rolls from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
Nutritional Information (per serving, assuming 1 spring roll):
Calories: Approximately 180 kcal
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 15-20 minutes
Note: Nutritional information may vary depending on the specific brands and quantities of ingredients used.