- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 (14 ounce or 400 gram) package extra-firm tofu, drained, pressed, and cut into ¼ to ½ thick slices
- Stir the soy sauce, vinegar, and liquid smoke together in a small bowl or cup.
- Place the tofu slices in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over them.
- Marinate the tofu for at least 30 minutes at room temperature, or covered and chilled for up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the tofu slices on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake the tofu for about 40 minutes, carefully turning the pieces halfway through, until they’re darkened and slightly shrunken.
- Remove the tofu from the oven and serve or use immediately, or chill for later.