Change up your banana bread game with this Vegan Blueberry Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe! The addition of bittersweet chocolate and fresh berries makes this the perfect end-of-summer treat.
- 4 medium ripe bananas
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup nondairy milk
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray, then flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, roughly mash the bananas. Add the brown sugar, oil, vanilla, and almond milk, and whisk to incorporate.
- Sift in the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, and use a wooden spoon to mix. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and blueberries.
- Transfer the batter to your prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, then cover with foil and bake for 10-15 minutes longer, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a couple crumbs.