8 oz Spaghetti uncooked
¼ cup Cashews
½ large avocado
½ cup basil loosely packed
½ cup sun dried tomatoes oil packed, but drained
1 teaspoon Garlic minced
1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon Water
1 teaspoon Maple Syrup
- Cook Spaghetti according to directions on package.
- Whilst the Spaghetti is cooking, prepare pesto.
- Combine all ingredients for the pesto in a food processor and process until almost smooth. Little bits of unprocessed Cashew is fine, as it adds texture to the sauce.
- Once blended, transfer to large mixing bowl.
- Drain pasta when done and reserve cooking water. Combine pasta with pesto and toss till noodles are coated well. Add about 1/2 a cup of reserved pasta water and toss, to loosen up the pesto. Serve warm.