- 2 (20-ounce) Cans Young Green Jackfruit in Brine or Water (not in syrup)
- 1 Medium Onion White, Yellow or Brown, Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic Crushed
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 cup Vegan BBQ Sauce (240ml) and more for serving
- ¼ cup Water (60ml)
- 8 Large Flour Tortillas
- 3 cups Shredded Lettuce
- 2 Medium Avocados Sliced
- 1 Small Red Onion Sliced
- 8 ounces Vegan Sour Cream (226g)
- 1 cup Cilantro Chopped
- 2 Limes Sliced into wedges
- Drain and rinse the jackfruit.
- Add olive oil and chopped onions to a frying pan on medium heat. Sauté until the onions are softened.
- Add crushed garlic and sauté with the onions.
- Add the jackfruit and oregano. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add vegan BBQ sauce and water and stir it in.
- Lower the heat to medium low, cover the pan and leave it to simmer for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the lid.
- Use two forks to shred the jackfruit in the pan.
- Increase the heat to medium high and cook for 3-5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add a little more vegan BBQ sauce and toss it with the jackfruit right before serving (optional).
- Heat your tortillas via your preferred method. You can heat them in a frying pan, or stack them up, cover them in foil and bake them in the oven at 350°F (180°C) for around 15 minutes until heated through. Our latest preferred method is to heat them in our panini press.
- Add shredded lettuce followed by BBQ jackfruit, sliced avocado, red onion, a drizzle of vegan sour cream and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro.
- Serve with fresh lime wedges on the side.