- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein also called “TVP”
- cooking oil for sautéing
- In a bowl, whisk together the marinade: vegetable broth, soy sauce, tomato paste, vegan Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, smoked paprika, and black pepper. If making taco meat, add 2-3 teaspoons of taco seasoning.
- Mix in the TVP and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat a pan on medium heat with a little cooking oil (I use about 2 teaspoons.)
- Add the ground beef mixture to the pan. Sauté for about 10 minutes, or until browned.