1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 medium onion, finely diced
2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
1 small red chili pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons garam masala
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 can (14 oz / 400 g) crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup (100 g) natural peanut butter
1 can (13.5 fl.oz/ 400 ml) coconut milk
1 can (14 oz / 400 g) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 cups (150 g) broccoli florets
A handful fresh cilantro (coriander)
- Heat the avocado oil in a large, deep pan and fry the onion for 5-6 minutes over medium heat until softened.
- Add the garlic, ginger and red chili pepper and continue to cook for another minute.
- Stir in the garam masala and curry powder, then add the crushed tomatoes, peanut butter and coconut milk and stir to combine.
- Add the chickpeas and broccoli, bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes covered with a lid.
- Stir in the fresh cilantro, season to taste and serve with rice or naan, topped with some crushed peanuts if you like.
Yield: 6 | Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 409 | Total Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 0g | Unsaturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 475mg | Carbohydrates: 35g | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 8g